Donate to show your support
Many organizations are fighting to support the rights of the Black community. Here are a few causes you might consider donating to.
Black Lives Matter
- Founded in 2013 in response to the acquittal of Trayvon Martin’s murderer. Black Lives Matter Foundation, Inc is a global organization in the US, UK, and Canada, whose mission is to eradicate white supremacy and build local power to intervene in violence inflicted on Black communities by the state and vigilantes.
Reclaim The Block
- Reclaim the Block began in 2018 and organizes Minneapolis community and city council members to move money from the police department into other areas of the city’s budget that truly promote community health and safety.
Other organizations that empower Black communities in Minneapolis
- A list of other organizations Reclaim The Block recommends you to check out.
The Bail Project
- A non-profit organization designed to combat mass incarceration in the US by disrupting the money bail system ‒ one person at a time.
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
- A US organization that supports the Black community in a variety of ways.
Citizens For Europe
- A civil society organization and social business based in Berlin and working on the local level across Europe to change political and social structures to foster a more inclusive, democratic and participatory society.
- An anti-racist foundation in Europe set up by the European Network Against Racism to be the vehicle for the ambitions and projects of anti-racist organisations across Europe, from grass-roots to European level.
Black Youth Helpline
- A not-for-profit organization resourced to promote access to culturally appropriate supports for youth, families, schools and other youth serving institutions. The organization’s Stay-in-School program and support services is now Canada-wide and focuses on helping youth remain and succeed in schools and in community life.
Black Health Alliance
- A community-led charity working at reducing the racial disparities in health outcomes and promote health and well-being for people from the diverse Black communities in Canada with emphasis on the broad determinants of health, including racism.